EHR Communications Manager
Purpose of the Position
On behalf of a healthcare IT consulting firm currently working on a Veteran’s Affair project, we are seeking strong, dynamic and strategically-minded candidates to work as an important part of the project communications team. This EHR Communications Manager is responsible for leading a variety of administrative and strategic initiatives that achieve communication plan goals and objectives, reporting and measurement.
Established in June 2018, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Records Modernization Program (OEHRM) manages the preparation, deployment and maintenance of the VA’s new electronic health-care record system and the related health information technology (IT) tools dependent upon it with transition to a new Cerner system in process.
- Organize and maintain various communications tools including the OEHRM Communications Team SharePoint site, editorial calendar, and 100-Day Plan.
- Work across the team to identify requirements and coordinate with IT developers to create and/or enhance overall site organization and functionality.
- Analyze performance data, develop and disseminate monthly reports that communicate level of achievement of performance measures including media coverage, website activity, and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and distribute timely a series of internal communication tactics that reinforce messaging strategies and keep the office informed including a monthly newsletter and other ongoing electronic and print communications.
- Establish internal communications policies, standard operating procedure, and strategic plans.
- Create a variety of communications products, website content, targeted messaging, and briefing slides based on business needs.
- Must be physically located in or near Washington, DC
- Business Statistics / Data Analysis
- Project coordination experience
- Ability to develop and maintain messaging strategies and create related content.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities including: Business Writing and Editing
- Presentation Skills/Professional Speaking
- Strong collaborator successful working in cross-functional teams
- Prior experience working with the Department of Defense is strongly desired