LIS Clinical Quality Engineer
Working closely with Development, Support and Product teams, this position is responsible for functional testing of our unique & complex web-based healthcare information system used by clinicians in 25 countries to facilitates a seamless patient journey throughout a region. This is achieved by validating application changes affecting clinical functionality, designing detailed test scenarios, documenting test workflows and recording these workflows into automated scripts for playback using the platform’s automation framework. Additional key tasks include defect tracking, escalations, and creation of testing strategies and processes.
Our client is a well-established, leading global technology provider with over four decades of experience powering some of the most important applications in the healthcare, finance and government sectors, among others where lives and livelihoods are at stake. With corporate headquarters located in Cambridge, MA and offices around the world, each day millions of users around the world use their software products. Our organization offers a truly global community of smart, technically-minded people.
- Design detailed testing scenarios for clinical application functionality ensuring coverage against requirements specifications and use cases
- Perform functional testing for major releases and iterative patches
- Identify potential clinical risks in application design or implemented functionality
- Oversee defect tracking, escalation and management.
- Record testing scenarios into automated regression scripts using automated testing framework.
- Assist in creating test reports and make recommendations for release readiness
- Create and maintain other test-related documentation as required including, but not limited to test processes, procedures and document control
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be directed by the company
- Clinical background and experience required
- Demonstrated domain expertise with clear understanding of healthcare and departmental processes, interdependencies and workflows
- Tertiary education in either a Medical domain or Health Informatics
- Previous experience working with healthcare applications as an end user or vendor
- Demonstrated interest in IT and the application of technology to add value and/or solve problems
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in either Microsoft or Mac Operating Systems.
- Experience working within interdisciplinary teams
- A flexible and adaptable approach to learning new methodology, technologies and software products
- May be currently working in a Hospital with a personal interest in taking an active role in how technology can improve patient outcomes