LIS Product Specialist
As a subject matter expert in the clinical lab industry, your extensive laboratory domain knowledge and experience working both with developers and customers will be instrumental in influencing the product’s direction. This position works closely with members of an experienced product team, developers and customers to effectively capture ideas and communicate between the developers and customer-users to achieve the highest level of understanding of needs and requirements for product advancement.
Our client is a well-established, leading global technology provider with over four decades of experience powering some of the most important applications in the healthcare, finance and government sectors, among others where lives and livelihoods are at stake. With corporate headquarters located in Cambridge, MA and offices around the world, each day millions of users around the world use their software products.
- Design detailed testing scenarios for clinical application functionality ensuring coverage against requirements specifications and use cases
- Perform functional testing for major releases and iterative patches
- Identify potential clinical risks in application design or implemented functionality
- Oversee defect tracking, escalation and management.
- Record testing scenarios into automated regression scripts using automated testing framework.
- Assist in creating test reports and make recommendations for release readiness
- Create and maintain other test-related documentation as required including, but not limited to test processes, procedures and document control
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be directed by the company
- Minimum 1-year experience in a Product Management or similar role
- Demonstrated clinical laboratory domain expertise with clear understanding of healthcare, laboratory and departmental interdependencies and workflows
- Prior experience working with a vendor or consultancy in a similar role
- Strong analytical abilities and an ability to communicate complex concepts in user-friendly language
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Experience writing use cases, requirements, or functional documentation for healthcare applications
- Previous in-depth experience working with healthcare applications
- Tertiary education in either a Medical domain or Health Informatics.