Pharmacist Implementation Consultant
Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Industry :
Job Category :
Healthcare - Pharmacy
Job Description :
Our client is looking for multiple consultants to facilitate implementation of the BD Pyxis™ Logistics pharmacy carousel, which is an advanced, cost-efficient and reliable drug storage and retrieval system and the BD Pyxis™ IV Prep workflow solutions which standardizes compounding processes to improve med safety and pharmacy workflow. Both solutions, through automation, reduces labor and improves safety and workflow.
The Pharmacy Automation Consultant will effectively engage with clients throughout project to gather information and requirements, define best practices, design decision and policies and procedures that achieve project goals and objectives and ensure timely Go-Lives.
- Provide extensive customer interaction and relationship development at the Director/Key Stakeholder level.
- Guide the implementation process through demonstrated expertise of clinical and technical processes.
- Mentor both customers and internal team members.
- Facilitate conference calls and customer meetings primarily.
- Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks.
Required Qualifications :
- PharmD or equivalent degree preferred.
- Expert knowledge of large hospital/IDN level pharmacy/clinical workflow processes, hospital formulary build, hospital & pharmacy system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation (ADT, billing, patient profile), user account role design, active directory.
- Experience with and the ability to demonstrate IV compounding prepared in a compliant IV compounding room.
- Complete pharmacy and clinical pre-implementation assessments and future state design
- Experience with implementations at large hospital / health system levels as well as small-to-medium IDN level.
- Project management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communicationskills and an ability to clearly communicate product knowledge and application.
- Experience documenting implementation records.
- Ability to gather information, identify requirements, define best practices, design decisions and author policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project teams comprised of medication systems and customers.
- Detail oriented while multi-tasking and the ability to implement complex multi-site projects.
- Critical thinking skills and solution identification abilities
- Advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to pharmacy workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.