Sunquest LIS Consultant
We are seeking an experienced Sunquest LIS consultant to assist in a NY/NJ based outreach lab client with Sunquest application support. Selected candidate will provide technical guidance and serve as primary resolution point for all issues regarding Sunquest which may include, but is not limited to Sunquest, CoPath, Blood Bank and Epic EHR. Will work collaboratively with LIS team members and end-users to understand workflows and develop system support. Will monitor instrument interface status. Will provide all client required documentation and knowledge transfer at end of contract. May be called upon to work in partnership with the LIS Manager to prepare, review and revise any necessary LIS procedures and policies and perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide application implementation support and technical guidance.
- Serve as primary resolution point for all issues regarding assigned applications.
- Work collaboratively with end-users to understand workflows and develop system support, including analysis of business needs and user needs, translate into proper system requirement specifications and document requirements.
- Manage small-to-medium sized assigned projects or particular phases of a larger projects, with minimal supervision.
- Develop and create detailed work plans, timelines and other appropriate documentation,
- Identify appropriate resources needed and provides timely status reports.
- Provide data transfer, access and manipulate aggregate and comparative data.
- Develop and monitor testing scenarios and methodologies to demonstrate system effectiveness.
- Prepare and maintain documentation on testing plans.
- Participate in completion of user documentation and training procedures.
- Evaluate system utilization and performance.
- Participate in system optimization.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations for transactions, security and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Health Care field preferred.
- Minimally 5 or more years hands on expertise with Sunquest
- Minimum four years of experience installing/supporting LIS applications and systems analysis/design and integration/design.
- Softlab experience a plus
- Medical Lab Technician certification highly desirable