On behalf of a healthcare IT consulting firm currently working on a Veteran’s Affair project, we are seeking strong, dynamic and strategically-minded candidates to work as an important part of the project communications team. This position serves as a Technical Writer / Editor and strategic roadmap planner in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program.
Established in June 2018, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Records Modernization Program (OEHRM) manages the preparation, deployment and maintenance of the VA’s new electronic health-care record system and the related health information technology (IT) tools dependent upon it with transition to a new Cerner system in process.
- Write materials (both technical and non-technical), design graphics and layout, create and edit manuals.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals.
- Collaborate with content owners to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Review and edit materials for clarity, punctuation, grammar, and content.
- Develop recommendations on visualization for supporting charts and graphs to improve clarity and messaging in conjunction with written content.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Conform to graphic standards and style guidelines.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of documentation.
- Managpdates and revisions to technical literature
Must be physically located in or near Washington, DC
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Minimum of 13 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience writing and editing technical communications and publications, including the use of industry-standard style guides
- Experience developing information technology artifacts, including user manuals and operational procedures
- Experience creating descriptive visualizations, including diagrams and charts
- Experience developing strategic plans and strategic direction
- Experienced in Microsoft Office tools, including MS Word, VISIO, and PowerPointExperience with VA or other health-related organization